1. Help them get their school bag packed the night before.
2. Make sure their uniform is ready especially after the holidays or weekend.
3. Get them to bed at a reasonable time so they have a good night sleep.
4. Set the alarm clock early enough to allow plenty of time to get ready properly.
5. Make sure they have breakfast.
6. Remind them to set off for the bus or start walking early enough so they won’t be late: punctuality is important.
7. Check to make sure they have everything they need – books, PE kit, bus fare, dinner money etc.
8. If your child is finding the work too hard speak to the teacher.
9. Talk to your child about what they did today.
10. If you or your child are unhappy about the way they are treated by staff or other pupils, contact the school straight away.