All parents/carers should contact the school on the first and each day of their child’s absence by:
1. Telephone 01837 52866
2. Email email@example.com
3. In person.
- All absences are recorded as either authorised or unauthorised absences. It is important that we receive accurate information from parents/carers with reasons for the absence. This information is used to determine whether the absence is authorised or unauthorised.
- An absence is classified as authorised when a child is absent for a legitimate reason and the school has received notification from a parent/carer. Only the school can make an absence authorised. Authorised absences may include illness, medical appointments, close family weddings/funerals and some emergencies.
- An absence is classified as unauthorised when a child is away from school without the permission of the school. Unauthorised absences include birthdays, shopping/day trips, sibling/parent illness, holidays.
- Please see our information about term time holidays and potential fines in the attendance polices and documents section.
- Please complete an "Absence Request Form" for all term time, pre-planned absence. These can be downloaded from the attendance policies and documents section or collected from reception.