Are you a SENDCo looking for a new challenge, wishing to focus solely on SEND pupils? Or are you an experienced Teacher with a strong background and experience in SEND who is keen to make the move to becoming a SENDCo?
The Governors of Okehampton Primary School, as part of the newly formed Dartmoor Multi Academy Trust, are looking to recruit a permanent full-time non class based SENDCo for September 2018. The successful candidate will form part of the inclusion team and have the opportunity to appoint an Assistant SENDco. The post may well have opportunity for the right candidate to 'grow the role' in the future to have a wider impact across the MAT.
We are looking for someone who:
- Can take the lead on the co-ordination and organisation of SEND provision across the school;
- Has a commitment to working in partnership with staff, parents and external agencies to provide maximum support and excellent learning opportunities for all pupils;
- Is passionate about all aspects of inclusion and is knowledgeable about the current changes in SEN;
- Is capable of interpreting, understanding and acting upon data - thinking strategically and acting practically to promote school improvement;
- Has a track record of positive and effective behaviour management;
- Has excellent interpersonal and leadership skills;
- Will support the continued development of an inclusive culture across the school.
This is an exciting opportunity to join our team of highly respected, friendly and supportive colleagues including exceptional parents and governors, and children who will inspire you to do your best.
As a three-form entry school we have built a strong CPD team and will provide you with the opportunities and support to develop your creativity and flair through influencing the practice of others to maintain an inclusive approach to education. The school is looking for a SENDCo who is passionate about learning and will go the extra mile make a difference for our children.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people, and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
We welcome informal visits and would love the opportunity to show you around our wonderful school. Please contact the school office to arrange a visit.
For further details please email Jackie Adams email@example.com