Menu
Home Page

Nursery Open day - Transition into School - April 2016

OKEHAMPTON PRIMARY SCHOOL - EARLY YEARS FOUNDATION STAGE (EYFS)

 

We had 15 sets of parents attend our Nursery Open day on Wednesday 13th April 2016.  The parents were given an opportunity to explore all of the new resources within our Nursery with their children, as well as go on a tour of the three Reception classes.  Parents had an opportunity to ask the Head of EYFS, Mrs Stevens and the Nursery teacher, Miss T any questions they had during the sessions about preparing their child for starting either Nursery or Reception.

Evaluation Feedback:

  1. How useful did you find today?

87% of the parents gave the Nursery 5 out of 5, with the other 13% of parents giving the score of 4 out of 5.

Comments included:

  • “Fantastic staff.  So so friendly.  I had a really great time.”
  • “It was lovely to see the new toys and I enjoyed looking around the school.”
  • “Very friendly staff.  We feel comfortable.”
  • “Lovely to have a look around Reception.”
  • “It was great to have a tour of the three different Reception classes.  Also to remind my child of the Nursery environment.”
  • “Given a guided tour, provided with all relevant information and was fun for all of the children.”
  • “Good to show the children around Reception and to settle back into Nursery.”
  • “It has been very useful meeting children and parents and learning daily routines which will help when she starts.”
  • “It was good to settle down my child again after a long Easter break.  Good idea.  Good to have a tour around Reception classes.”
  • “Staff are very friendly and reassuring to the children and parents.  Also they provided a cup of tea (but no biscuits!)”
  • “My child enjoyed visiting Reception and I saw the changes since my previous children”
  • “Very useful with both hats.  I will be in school and one hopefully to start at Nursery.”
  • “It has given my child a great opportunity to make some friends and get to know the teachers before he starts.”
  • “To see how my child is in the Nursery environment.”

 

(2)  How enjoyable did you find today?

87% of the parents gave the Nursery 5 out of 5, with the other 13% of parents giving the score of 4 out of 5.

Comments included:

  • “My child has had a great time exploring and this is great for parents to meet each other.”
  • “Very enjoyable with different activities.”
  • “Staff always lovely”
  • “Very helpful and fun”
  • “I like it when it is quiet.  I like when parents and children can do what they like.  The new equipment is amazing and staff well qualified.  The best place for children to learn and play.”
  • “Lovely to be able to play and explore the Nursery setting.”
  • “Nice to watch children in the setting and an opportunity to see all of the new toys.”
  • “Very enjoyable.  Lots of fun activities for all of the children.”
  • “It is lovely to have chance to spend a bit more time in the Nursery and explore the new toys.”
  • “Great to be able to play with the children.”
  • “Lots of things to do.  Kids will always find something to do.”
  • “Again seeing the kids enjoy the new toys.”
  • “My son had such a nice fun time.  He’s really happy.”
  • “It was nice to spend time with my child in the Nursery.”

 

  1. How could we improve future Open Days?

Comments included:

  • “Everything is perfect and all of the teachers are so friendly and welcoming.”
  • “I don’t think you need to”
  • “I’ve nothing to add.  It has been very helpful.”
  • “Nothing to improve in my eyes.”
  • “I don’t think you could improve anything.  Everything was superb.  Thank you.”
  • “It was lovely”
  • “No improvement needed.  Outstanding !!!”

 

We would like to thank all of the parents who attended our Open Day and thank you for your positive feedback.  We promise that at the next Open Day, there will be biscuits to accompany your tea!!  

Top