Headteacher Okehampton Primary School
Are you a committed and dynamic leader looking for the exciting next step in your career?
We are looking for a fantastic new Headteacher to join a motivated team of teachers and learners. This is an exciting opportunity to build on a clear school ethos and vision. If you believe that education can have a transformational effect upon the life chances of our children and community, we would love to hear from you.
Okehampton Primary School is a happy 3 form entry primary school (2 to 11 year olds), situated in the heart of Devon. We pride ourselves in our friendly and supportive school community with fantastic pupils and highly motivated staff. The school is a vibrant, culturally and socially diverse community.
Okehampton primary School is part of Dartmoor Multi Academy Trust which came into existence in on 1st January 2018. Whilst the MAT is very young we have experience of working in partnership with Federations and are now excited to be building strong leadership teams to promote and support school improvement.
We are determined to make Okehampton Primary School an exemplary place for learning. As our new Head Teacher, your focus and challenge will be to enhance the quality of inclusive teaching, learning and assessment so that all our outcomes are significantly improved. We have a strong leadership structure and a team who work collaboratively to ensure that the whole school community deliver sustained and substantial progress.
As an experienced leader, you will:
· Be passionate about making a difference to the lives of children and families, striving to create an environment so all can achieve
· Have strong communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to motivate and inspire a diverse team
· Model consistently good and outstanding teaching practice and develop this in others
· Have a clear set of values that enable you to make decisions which are always in the best interests of the children
· Be committed to working in a diverse community, taking opportunities to strengthen partnerships
· Be dedicated to raising standards of achievement, through personalised, professional development of staff and clear analysis of data
· Possess strategic leadership skills, demonstrated through openness, honesty and integrity
· Be able to inspire the children, staff, parents and governors, so that together we continue in our vision.
Please contact Jackie Adams at firstname.lastname@example.org for further details
Closing date: Noon June 4th 2018
To start January 2019 or September 2018 if available.
L20-26 Salary negotiable for exceptional candidate