Comments from our Eco School Green Flag Assessment......
"The school, and particularly the Eco Watch Team, can be very proud of:
- The enthusiasm of knowledge of the children I met, who were clearly passionate about being 'eco' and very proud of their school.
- The school was a completely litter free environment.
- The wonderful displays of work relating to the Eco schools work and topics.
- The huge variety of initiates and eco-activities in the school grounds - although the grounds are large, every corner seems to be used for environmental learning.
- Excellent initiatives and on-going relationships with the local community and wider global communities."
The solar dome will be used for outdoor learning opportunities supporting class lessons as well as story time and even perhaps the odd exotic fruit growing experiments!
Spring is definitely in the air at school this week! Our next main display is currently being installed in Reception and it feels like a breath of fresh air as you pass. Mr McGregor’s garden is being re-created using artwork produced by Hart Tor with the backdrop and finishing touches being painted by Miss Burrell. The display will, hopefully, capture the feel of a Beatrix Potter book as well as provide us with the opportunity to celebrate some of our growing, harvesting, cooking and eating experiences in school.