The Class Teacher
• Checking on the progress of your child and identifying, planning and delivering of any additional help your child may need (this could be targeted work or additional support) and letting the Special Education Needs/Disabilities Co-ordinator (SENCo) know as necessary.
• Writing Pupil Progress targets/Class Provision Maps, based on the smaller steps and sharing and reviewing these with parents at least once each term and planning for the next term.
• Personalized teaching and learning for your child as identified on the school’s provision map.
• Ensuring that the school’s SEN Policy is followed in their classroom and for all the pupils they teach with any SEN.
The SENCo: Mrs. Monika Davis
• Developing and reviewing the school’s SEN policy.
• Co-ordinating all the support for children with special educational needs or disabilities (SEND)
• Ensuring that you are:
i) Involved in supporting your child’s learning
ii) Kept informed about the support your child is getting
iii) Involved in reviewing how they are doing.
• Liaising with all the other people who may be coming in to school to help support your child’s learning, e.g. Speech and Language Therapy,
• Updating the school’s SEN register (a system for ensuring that all the SEND pupils in this school and their needs are known) and making sure that records of your child’s progress and needs are kept.
• Providing specialist support for teachers and support staff in the school, so that they can help children with SEND to achieve the best progress possible.
The Headteacher: Mrs. Hazel Fox
• The day-to-day management of all aspects of the school; this includes the support for children with SEND.
• Ensuring that your child’s needs are met and that the Governing Body is kept up to date about issues relating to SEND.
The SEN Governor: Mrs. Sarah Counter
• Making sure that the necessary support is given for any child with SEND who attends the school.
School contact telephone number: 01837 52866